This is the day that the Lord has made, let us rejoice and be glad in it.



Psalm 118:24 - BGlad!

Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Rustic Christmas Joy


We've had some beautiful sunny weather lately
that just begs one to go outside and do something
Perfect time to do a little Christmas crafting.

Inspired by this rustic sign I found on Pinterest
I had quite a productive afternoon.
Then added several layers of paint in multiple colors
(Let dry between coats)
Unfortunately,
I didn't think to take photos while painting my joy sign . . .
but 
not one to let a good board go to waste . . .
I turned it over and now I will have decor
for the patriotic holidays as well as
photos to share
Once I worked up to a layer of white I added my vinyl cutouts 

(I used inexpensive contact paper)
Then more layers of paint - right over the vinyl
When the paint was dry I removed the vinyl letters
for the big reveal
For a more rustic look I got out the sandpaper 
and rubbed down the edges and selected rough spots.
This is where all those paint colors get a chance to show through

And since I still had some daylight left I
used the back side of a drawer to feature
a nativity scene - using the same procedure
Think I need to add a little greenery and find a place
on the porch for a bit of rustic Christmas Joy

The font I used for this project is
Carbon Block
and
the nativity scene came from
my 
Heart of Christmas File

Thanks for stopping by!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Thanks for visiting!