This is the day that the Lord has made, let us rejoice and be glad in it.



Psalm 118:24 - BGlad!

Thursday, September 27, 2012

You Were Born for This - Book Review


You Were Born For This
by Bruce Wilkinson

In this book Mr. Wilkinson compels you to ask yourself several questions. What is a miracle? Do you believe in miracles? Have you seen or experienced a miracle? Can you be a part of a miracle for someone else?

His basic premise is that as followers of Jesus our life’s work is to “go and make disciples of all nations.” A pretty tall order – impossible even, in our own power, but with the power of His Holy Spirit within us we can and should be doing so much more than we may realize.

Wilkinson’s book continues by spelling out step by step how we can make ourselves ready and willing to allow God to use us to accomplish miracles in other people’s lives. And while some of his “keys” and “signals” and other terms may seem somewhat forced at times, I found many ideas I can put into play in my own life.

I do believe this was a good wakeup call for me to hear. Am I living up to what God created me to be? Am I aware of the needs of those around me? Am I willing to be used by my loving Heavenly Father to make a difference in the lives of those around me? I found the book a great reminder to really notice the people I come in contact with and to pay attention to how my willingness to be used by God in even small ways can affect their lives. A miracle doesn’t need to be big and flashy – but a small deed or action orchestrated by God can be life changing to all involved.

Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men ~ Colossians 3:23

I received this book for free from WaterBrook Multnomah Press through their Blogging for Books program. Opinions expressed in this review are my own.
 
 
An inspirational read from Waterbrook Press


Read an excerpt from the first chapter of Unstoppable by Nick Vujicic here
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Thanks for visiting!