This is the day that the Lord has made, let us rejoice and be glad in it.



Psalm 118:24 - BGlad!

Thursday, September 20, 2012

A tisket, a tasket

A tisket, a tasket
I made a card from a basket!
 
My sister likes the Babushka type dolls

 
so when I saw a cut pattern for a doll shaped basket at the Paper Matrix I thought it might come in handy at some point.

When Sis's birthday came around this year I was having a hard time thinking up a card worthy of the occasion. That's when I remembered this
Paper Matrix version


My version
I imported the PDF files generously provided on the Paper Matrix blog, chose my paper colors (kind of copied their color scheme, thinking it might help me with assembly) and started cutting.

If I would have gotten this idea a few days earlier I could have worked on smoothing out some of the rough spots in transferring the pdf to a cutting file, but since I was working on this at the last minute I used my exacto and sharp scissors to smooth a couple rough areas.

Didn't it turn out awesome! Love all the tiny details and all the layers (6 sheets of cardstock!!) And once I shortened the handle a little it fit nicely in a business size envelope.

After cutting and assembling (just a bit tricky) I scanned the completed piece and used the scanned image to make a little insert for the "card"


Get it? Big and Small :)
 
While you are checking out the Paper Matrix be sure to look at their hot air balloons and woven containers - you won't believe they are made from flat pieces of paper!!
I sooo want to try these!
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Thanks for visiting!