This is the day that the Lord has made, let us rejoice and be glad in it.



Psalm 118:24 - BGlad!

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Lazy, Hazy, Crazy Days

I feel like I've missed summer this year.
Without a doubt we've had the hot days, the hazy days, the busy days and crazy days -
guess I've just missed a few of those lazy days!!

Was fun to take a little time yesterday to work on a Texture Tuesday photo transformation.
I decided to play with a photo of one of my summer-like souvenirs and Kim Klassen's Dream It texture.

Starting with my original in Photoshop Elements
Layer 1 - Cropped It
Layer 2 - Linear Burn @ 75% gives it more depth
Used eraser tool to remove some of the "burn" around the shell edges
Layer 3 - Linear Light @ 23% brings out even more detail & dimension
Layer 4 - Kim Klassen's Dream It Texture Softlight @ 100%
(used the eraser again to remove some texture over the shell)
Layer 5 - Like the shape of the text here - but difficult to read
Final Result - Text Font = Catholic School Girl Softlight @ 100%

 
E-mail requests and/or comments

10 comments:

  1. How lovely and thank you for sharing your recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there...love your edit! I've never used the linear burn function, but after seeing your edit, will be trying it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't use linear burn often either - but on this photo it seemed to work!
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. Very nice. I like how you showed your process.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I usually do and undo so much that I lose track of the process - this time it worked out :)
      Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  4. Beautiful transformation - I like how you show every step. The font is so beautiful as well - where did you find it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carola!
      You can find the font (Catholic School Girls) for free at dafont.com

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Thanks for visiting!