This is the day that the Lord has made, let us rejoice and be glad in it.



Psalm 118:24 - BGlad!

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Texture Tuesday and a Hometown Treasure

Haven't posted a photo transformation for a while, but was inspired to do a little playing after seeing this video clip.



This little business is in my hometown. It sits on a funny little corner that I passed a couple times a day on my way to and from high school and ballgames. The glass items they etch made great gifts for special occasions, especially since the same patterns could be cut into many different shapes of glass - plates and glasses, vases, ornaments, etc. and they could be personalized with names and dates.

I found a sunny window sill and snapped a photo of my little bit of cut glass. I received this glass thimble I as a graduation gift way back when. Such delicate little cuts! The artist's name and date is lightly etched into the glass around the bottom lip as well.


I blurred the background a bit then used two of Kim's Klassens Textures, Let Go and Charmed to tone down the starkness and add a bit of character to the photo.

Visit Kim's Cafe' to see more
photo transformations

kimklassencafe




E-mail requests and/or comments

2 comments:

  1. This post is just wonderful. The video is quite interesting. And your thimble is so unique and beautiful. The photo with processing is lovely!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Thanks for visiting!