This is the day that the Lord has made, let us rejoice and be glad in it.



Psalm 118:24 - BGlad!

Monday, January 9, 2012

Doodles, Anyone?

If anyone would like a little boost in their creativity let me recommend a free Strathmore Artist Workshop.

I found out about the workshops last year after they were completed, but the videos were still available. I watched a couple videos but didn't really get out my art supplies and participate.

The current workshop "Doodles Unleashed" sounded pretty harmless - anyone can doodle, right? So I decided to give it a try. Although a supply list is supplied, participants are also encouraged to use what they already own. (I'm a make-do artist and not planning on buying a thing - there are no grades handed out, for goodness sake!)
This is my doodle assignment from last week - not a masterpiece by a long shot, but it was fun to follow the creative process of the "real" artist, Traci Bautista. I've also picked up a few new ideas to use the supplies I have (layers!!)

 Another fun aspect of the workshop is interacting with fellow classmate and seeing their interpretations of the techniques presented. So. Much. Fun!

It's not too late!  Head on over and sign up! It would be fun to have you join us!!

Doodles Unleashed: Mixed Media Techniques

 
 
 
E-mail requests and/or comments

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Thanks for visiting!