Wednesday, November 2, 2011
By Golden Keyes Parsons
A story of life and love set against the backdrop of the war that pit families and friends against each other.
Amanda, the daughter of a Texas pastor, is enchanted by the sky blue eyes of Captain Kent Littlefield from Pennsylvania. Honoring a promise to care for younger siblings Amanda had made to her dying mother, she asks Captain Littlefield to wait “just a bit” before courting her.
Four years later the country is engulfed in a civil war which puts them on opposite sides of the conflict. The novel offers insights into the emotional and physical conflicts many families endured during this devastating war.
After the war there is still much healing to be done both for the country and for families. Are the wounds too deep to be forgiven and allow long anticipated love to flourish?
I’m not a big reader of romance or war novels. The author, however, has developed several engaging characters and varied the story line enough here to keep me entertained and engaged.
I received this book for free from Thomas Nelson through their BookSneeze program. Opinions expressed in this review are my own.
Labels: Book Review
- Free On-line Learning
- LittleBit (Downloads of Several RoboMaster Versions)
- RoboMaster 5.1 Download (French Site)
- Graphtec - CR Manuals, Drivers, RoboMaster
- Aussie Scrap Source - Great Silhouette Tutorials here
- Inkscape.org - Open Source (free) design software works great with your CR
- File converting tutorials compiled by Cleversomeday
- Cutting Time (Designing in Inkscape)
- Ebay Crafting Guides I've Written