This is the day that the Lord has made, let us rejoice and be glad in it.



Psalm 118:24 - BGlad!

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Texture Tuesday - Back To School

My older daughter is going back to school this fall - but for her first year as a teacher! Unfortunately she is in North Carolina and I won't be there to get that first day of school photo of her this year.  :(
Soooo . . .

For this week's photo challenge I went back to my photo albums. My! how much easier it is to know you have a good photo here in the digital age!

I love this photo of my younger daughter waiting for the bus
(she pretended to hate school LOL)
unfortunately it is out of focus!!

I played with it anyway. I ended up using three of Kim Klaussen's textures; 123, Simple Things, and Chamomile.

Here's the resulting image


Seconds later that pouty face changed to this

and off to school she went!!

Be sure to check out the other Back To School Transformations on Kim's Blog.

Update!
After looking at my photo a bit longer, I wondered why I didn't take out that silly wagon handle - so, here's the revised revision - no distracting handle sticking out of my girl's head!!
much better!!



E-mail requests and/or comments

7 comments:

  1. I enjoyed reading your post and seeing what you did with Kim's textures. Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photos! I love her pouty expression in the first one. Good luck to your older daughter and her first year as a teacher! What an accomplishment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute, I think most of my daughters back to school, first day photos look like the top one. Nice work too, and I am sure your daughter has fond memories of those days.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful work!!
    Happy back-to-school season!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. very cute! Great job with the textures!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Terrific save! the texture is just the perfect touch! love that second photo too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Thanks for visiting!