This is the day that the Lord has made, let us rejoice and be glad in it.



Psalm 118:24 - BGlad!

Thursday, July 7, 2011

Summertime! Birthday Season!

Hope everyone had a fun 4th. We were able to visit with family in North Carolina, so the weekend went way too fast to suit us!
We're just finishing up "birthday season" in our extended family (7 birthdays in 11 days).
I always like to do something a little unique when giving a gift of cash - but was coming up short of ideas (and time) when the little yellow pad of Post-Its grabbed my attention. No more boring cash!
I just sketched & colored on the Post-It, making sure to take advantage of the little sticky strip. I cut out my "masterpiece" and attached it to Andrew. No permanent damage - but not your average $.

Andrew's party hat reminds me of a clown, which brings to mind the county fair, which makes me think of carnival foods. So I'm sharing my Carnival Food cutting file.
I've always had a weakness for cotton candy & elephant ears - what's your favorite?

(oooh, I just had a thought - wonder how Mr. Jackson would look with a big round red nose?? or a Bozo hairdoo?? or a Santa hat & beard?? or reindeer antlers?? Oh, my I think I've started something!) If this has sparked your creativity, I'd love to see what you've come up with - please share!!



E-mail requests and/or comments
 
**In testing my links I see that 4shared may be having issues - if you can't get to the downloads - please try again later**

1 comment:

  1. Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave in the Cutting category today [08 Jul 01:00am GMT]. Thanks, Maria

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Thanks for visiting!