This is the day that the Lord has made, let us rejoice and be glad in it.



Psalm 118:24 - BGlad!

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Digital Dabblings

I've dabbled in adjusting digital images ever since we got a scanner and basic photo editing software. I've designed a few digital scrapbook pages using pre-made elements and made a few photo invites and collage images for special occassions. I keep thinking digital should be faster - but then I start playing around and refining and moving and layering . . . and even when I'm finished I'm not sure that I'm finished!! Anyone else feel that way??

Anyway - recently I've been introduced to the Kim Klassen Cafe. Kim shares (and sells) textures for your digital images and provides instructions for enhancing your photos with those textures. Oh, Wow! What fun!! Her transformations are amazing!! Along with using the textures, I've picked up some great tips for using my PSElements software.

Here's a photo from spring break that I was playing with today.



And. . .after adding a couple of Kim's textures (Paper Stained Music and Grubbify) and making a few other adjustments - This is the "finished" product



Totally different look - more like a piece of art than a photo!
So, if you are looking for a way to get more from your photo editing software and have some free time this summer I'd encourage you to stop by Kim's blog and pick up a few textures and tips for yourself!! She also hosts a linky party each Tuesday so you can share your creations. Stop on over, say Hi and have FUN!!

kimklassencafe
 
E-mail requests and/or comments

5 comments:

Thanks for stopping by!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Thanks for visiting!