This is the day that the Lord has made, let us rejoice and be glad in it.



Psalm 118:24 - BGlad!

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

When God Created My Toes - Something New!

I've decided to add a new feature to my blog. I've signed on to a couple different "books for bloggers" sites, so you'll be seeing book reviews here every once and again. I'm planning to design complimentary cutting files and give away the books as well - but - today is just too stormy to be on the computer that much!  Sooooo, today I'll post the review and tease you to come back later this week for a file and giveaway details!



When God Created My Toes by Dandi Daley Mackal and illustrated by David Hohn follows an active, mischievous little girl through fun-filled days of play while she wonders how God made her.
The short, simple rhymes make this a fun book to share with active little ones. Simple sketches along with colorful illustrations will draw youngster into the story as they relate to the child's antics and consider
"Was He pleased as He could be when God created me?"

Children will be captivated by the girl in the illustrations playing in snow and mud, getting messy with paints, taking a bath and playing pretend. For thoughtful adults this book also presents a fun way to talk with kids about parts of the body and how God made each person unique and special.

I like how the child and God are both involved in celebrating His acts of creating toes, knees, hands, eyes, hips, etc. "Did we do a double flip when God created my hip?" I also liked the fact that the child and parents are shown interacting and having fun together.

Inspired by Psalm 139:13-16 the simple silly rhymes, endearing illustrations and a fun-loving main character all make for a fun "read it again" picture book to share with your favorite child or grandchild.

*I received this book for free from WaterBrook Multnomah Publishing Group for this review. All opinions expressed are my own.*



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Thanks for visiting!