This is the day that the Lord has made, let us rejoice and be glad in it.



Psalm 118:24 - BGlad!

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Let the Growing Begin!

We've been working on expanding our gardening area here in the last few weeks.
Coming from a relatively flat area of Indiana (I grew up in Plain and Prairie townships, which is quite telling if you think about it!) we are finding gardening and landscaping on our hillside a bit challenging. Everything looks fine until.  it.  rains.
Anyway, we've added two more terraced garden areas, and my veggies are growing!!
 
*My Garden*
Still plan to put some gravel around the perimeter for walking paths. 

Yesterday I put in Tomato and Pepper plants.

Cucumbers I planted last Wednesday are peeking through the soil.
My green beans have yet to make their appearance.

Last month I planted some lettuce in a container on the deck and it won't be long till we can enjoy a fresh salad.

I was pleased and surprised to see that one of my stevia plants from last year is coming back.
From what I have read stevia is a bit unpredictible, I had three plants last year and this is the only one to reappear.


Quotes:
I cultivate my garden, and my garden cultivates me. ~ Robert Brault
No two gardens are the same. No two days are the same in one garden. ~Hugh Johnson
Despite the gardener's best intentions, Nature will improvise. ~Michael P. Garafalo



I designed this cutting file to encourage my little garden.
I test cut it from vinyl.
You could make a tile for outside, but I just adhered it to photo frame glass.
I plan to do a bit more with the frame - later :)
(all this beautiful weather is cutting into my crafting plans!)

How Does Your Garden Grow?
 

Happy Hump Day!!


 
 
E-mail requests and/or comments

3 comments:

  1. Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave in the Cutting category today [14 Apr 01:00am GMT]. Thanks, Maria

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for this post. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in Creative Busy Hands Cricut Freebies Search List, under the Alpha(s),Word Art(s), Word Book(s) post on Apr. 14, 2011. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd like to invite you to add your banner or link to our Best Digital Scrapbooking Sites list. It's free to sign up. Hope to see you there

    Also featuring Digital Scrapbooking Freebies and Digital Scrapbook Tutorials

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Thanks for visiting!