This is the day that the Lord has made, let us rejoice and be glad in it.



Psalm 118:24 - BGlad!

Monday, March 7, 2011

Long Time No Sew

Yes, my poor sewing machine has been sorely neglected for several months. Oh, I would do an emergency repair, or stitch up a fun little prim project now and again. But I've had several projects literally "hanging around" waiting for my attention. Well, nothing like a few spring-like days and the promise of a warm spring get-away to spur me to action.
 
During an after Christmas shopping trip I was lucky enough to find some great clothing bargains. I found all three of these (new!) tops for under $3 each!
 
Being my own tailor is quite handy, since each needed "something" to get the proper fit. After re-attaching a button, shortening a hem, and nipping in a waistline I'm happy to report these purchases really are the bargains I was hoping for - Just love 'em now!
 
And, I've finally found an advantage to being "vertically challenged" - I used the hemline I cut off the knit top to fashion a coordinating headband. Do you like?

**You cannot tailor-make the situations in life, but you can tailor-make the attitudes to fit those situations.** ~ Zig Ziglar






E-mail requests and/or comments

2 comments:

  1. Very pretty, you must of been missing your machine too
    Kat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Vickie,
    Thanks for commenting on my blog - such a nice comment too!

    You must really like sewing to remake things - and I love the headband!

    I have a sewing machine but it rarey gets used - I love hand stitching the best.

    Karen

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Thanks for visiting!