This is the day that the Lord has made, let us rejoice and be glad in it.



Psalm 118:24 - BGlad!

Friday, February 11, 2011

Love N Stitches

Been having some fun with fabric lately. I made these for my daughters as Valentine gifts.
This is on it's way to North Carolina . . .


 
And this one to Indiana . . .

I had so much fun making these! I used my computer font collection for some of the lettering - printing out the words on paper to use as a pattern. Next I ironed WunderUnder to the back side of my fabrics, cut out the letters and ironed them to the background fabric. I did a little hand stitching with embroidery floss to finish the edges of the lettering and added a fabric border and hanger to finish them off.

I've added a couple stitched wall art items at WhimseyDimples also.
This one is mounted in a painted wood frame.

And this tea-stained piece I left all raggedy and primitive.
I'm having so much fun combining my paper/scrapbooking supplies with my sewing and fabric stash!!


Hope everyone is gearing up to have a "love-ly" weekend!!
Enjoy this border file - it includes both horizontal and vertical rows of hearts.

E-mail
requests and/or comments


Linky Party
Get Your Craft On at
Today's Creative Blog

6 comments:

  1. Love the wall hangings! I'm sure your daughters will love them too. Thanks for the great file too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave in the Cutting category today [12 Feb 12:00am GMT]. Thanks, Maria

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Vickie! Nice little heart border! I appreciate your sharing your hard work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave in the Cutting category today [12 Feb 10:00pm GMT]. Thanks, Maria

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for this post. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in Creative Busy Hands Cricut Freebies Search List, under the Valentines post on Feb. 12, 2011. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. There are so awesome!! I love the tea stained one. Following you from Tuesdays Creative Blog link party. Please stop by my blog when you can. http://diyhshp.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Thanks for visiting!