This is the day that the Lord has made, let us rejoice and be glad in it.



Psalm 118:24 - BGlad!

Friday, December 31, 2010

Are You Ready??

Are you ready to wave goodbye to 2010?
Ready or not 2011 is knocking at our door!
Hope you are able to take some time to reflect on the good and the not so good of the past year, make any needed adjustments and head into 2011 with renewed hope, optimism and confidence!

Last year was my first to choose a "word" and mine was TREASURE. It has been fun to look for the treasures in my life, both obvious and hidden. I've acquired quite a list and have enjoyed the time this year thinking about all that is most important to me.

This year I've chosen the word FOCUS. Somehow in the last two years I've become a little haphazard and haven't been able to accomplish all that I could. (I'm thinking it could be a result of all the changes in the last couple years - daughter's marriage, out of state move, 2nd daughter moving out on her own . . .) At any rate I feel it is time to get focused on where I'm at now in my life and move forward with purpose!! My goal is to be more intentional in what I'm doing with my time, creativity, and resources. Hopefully, by this time next year I'll have a long list of projects checked off my list, my "things" will be paired down somewhat, and my time will have been better spent.

A few of my findings while researching the word Focus . . .

*my favored definition - Clear & Sharply Defined
*comes from the Latin for hearth, fireplace, fire; therefore it's the Center of Activity or Energy
*fun thought - Adjustments may be required!! (yes, I'm sure they will!)
*from the Theasarus - Pinpoint, Heart
*verse -  Let your eyes look straight ahead; fix your gaze directly before you. Proverbs 4:25

In real terms I'd like to
  • Continue designing and sharing cutter files
  • Expand the selections in my etsy store
  • Make a recipe album for DD#2
  • Sew up some wallhangings for holidays throughout the year
  • Live Healthier - schedule exercise and eat better
  • Get more involved in my community
  • Keep God & Family #1 and #2
Okay then, now that I have that all written down here I can't decide if I'm enthused or nervous!!

To assist you in saying goodbye to 2010 I'm sharing my "Goodbye Words" cutter file.



Wishing you all a wonder-filled 2011!!


E-mail requests and/or comments
 
If you are interested in choosing your own "Word" I found the little worksheet on this site quite helpful!

5 comments:

  1. Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave in the Cutting category today [01 Jan 01:00am GMT]. Thanks, Maria

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing these files. Great way to say goodbye to the old year! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for this post. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in Creative Busy Hands Cricut Freebies Search List, under the Alpha(s),Word Art(s), Word Book(s) post on Jan. 01, 2011. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some very cutes ideas. the site is full of them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you all for stopping by and taking time to leave your thoughts!
    Much appreciated!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Thanks for visiting!