This is the day that the Lord has made, let us rejoice and be glad in it.



Psalm 118:24 - BGlad!

Thursday, September 9, 2010

Celebrating the Differences

Today I've actually been able to shut down the A/C and open the windows! It's been waaaay too long! (I could tell by the large collection of dead insects on the windowsills between window &  screen that I had to clean up - yeck!) Good enough reason to celebrate don't ya think??
 
Isn't it interesting to note differences and similarities in various parts of the country? Moving south has brought some of those to the forefront for me. One I noticed really quickly when I first started trying to get around down here is the roads. In Indiana the roads are nicely plotted out north and south, east and west. You can count on meeting an intersecting road about every mile. For a directionally challenged person like myself that is quite comforting - if I missed my turn I could feel fairly confident that in the next mile or two I could take a road that would put me back on track in just a few minutes. Uh, not in Tennessee! If I miss my turn down here the best bet is to immediately find a place to turn around and back track because if you take the next road it is sure to include hairpin turns and lead you 10 miles up and down hills and totally the WRONG WAY from where you were intending to go. I am SO thankful for my GPS!  While I truly appreciate the beautiful scenery around these parts I most certainly miss what I now refer to as "the land of grid"!
 
While I'm not a really big sports fan, I have noticed a difference in sports preferences too. Down here it is all about football, where in northern Indiana the sport of choice is basketball (heard of Hoosier Hysteria?  it's real!!)  In high school the guys play football just to pass the time until basketball season - vive la diffĂ©rence!


 
GSD SVG EPS

Happy Thursday!!

 
 
E-mail requests and/or comments

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for your freebies. Link on your post was added to PickleMouse freebie list

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for this post. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in Creative Busy Hands Cricut Freebies Search List, under the Sports Theme post on Sep. 10, 2010. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Thanks for visiting!