This is the day that the Lord has made, let us rejoice and be glad in it.



Psalm 118:24 - BGlad!

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

A Little Red, White & Blue

So, I may have missed the Fourth - but I'm all prepared for Labor Day!!
I've added to my patriotic outdoor display.

Along with my Patriotic Plank and Gourd Birdhouse I scrounged around in the garage and found a birdhouse, wreath and drawer. I repainted the birdhouse with a few stars and stripes, added a muslin bow to the wreath and gave the drawer a make-over.
The drawer actually started out white. I dry brushed  it inside and out with some country blue and gray and my "canvas" was ready!



Next I made a list of some words that are important to me . . .
Picked up a paint brush and some black paint . . .
And came up with this subway art inspired piece.



I think this piece will give me several options and can have different looks depending what I put with it. I'm also thinking that I could add Christmas words to the back side and use it in a Christmas display.


Hope you enjoy this cutting file!



GSD
SVG
EPS










 
 
 
 
 
E-mail requests and/or comments

2 comments:

  1. Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave in the Cutting category today [21 Jul 12:00pm GMT]. Thanks, Maria

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you little display, cute! Great idea to use a drawer too

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Thanks for visiting!