This is the day that the Lord has made, let us rejoice and be glad in it.



Psalm 118:24 - BGlad!

Monday, June 28, 2010

Simple and Gourd-eous

Hi all - We've just returned from a family celebration/vacation in Branson, Missouri and what a lovely time we had! Our extended family (17 in all) spent a few days taking in the sights and celebrating our parents 50th wedding anniversary. Once I'm back in the groove I expect to have some Branson files to share - so be sure to stop back in the next few weeks to see what I come up with!
 
In the meantime I've got a super simple craft to share. Besides your imagination only three items are required:
1. Permanent Markers (Bic Mark-its work great)
2. Rub-on Shoe Polish
3. Clean, Dried Gourd

And only three steps:
1. Use the markers to "beautify" the gourd
2. Rub and buff with shoe polish to give an aged, but glowing, appearance
3. Display your creation!
 


I grew birdhouse gourds in my garden last year, after scrubbing/cleaning them I used a hole saw to make an entrance for the birdies. They make cute decorations both inside and outside the home.


Well, it's back to post-vacation duties for me (you know - unpacking, laundry, all that fun stuff!) 
Happy Monday!!

E-mail requests and/or comments

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Thanks for visiting!