This is the day that the Lord has made, let us rejoice and be glad in it.



Psalm 118:24 - BGlad!

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

A Wee-Bit of Ireland

Wow! - judging from my email, today will definitely be my day. Every company I have ever had contact with tells me I'm lucky because they are having a special sale (just for me!) Oh, wait - they are telling you the same thing?? Ah, well, just one of those things that made me smile this morning. heehee

Happy St. Patrick's Day!!

I came across a few interesting Irish-y tidbits on the web that I thought I would share. Did you know you can participate in an actual Leprechaun Watch? That's right! You can watch for leprechaun activity in Tipperary, Ireland via a live webcam! Not only can you watch, but you can print yourself out an authentic certificate testifying to the fact!! The site also offers info on Irish history, culture, folklore and travel information. Intrigued? Visit Irelandseye.com

Yesterday I baked my very first loaf of Irish Soda Bread and it was yummy! I've never had that type of bread before, must not be any Irish blood in my background (never had Irish Stew either). I have no idea how authentic the recipe might be, but hubby and I did enjoy it. Here's the link to the Amazingly Easy Irish Soda Bread that I found at allrecipes.com. And here's how mine turned out.

It was moist inside but crusty/crumbly on the outside with a nicely sweet taste - good stuff!

I'm offering a little something different for today's freebie file. I paper-pieced a little leprechaun yesterday and turned him into a Print-N-Cut file. Sorry, but he's only offered in GSD this time.

Now available for purchase at Cutters Market
GSD


It is easy to be pleasant
when life flows by like a song,
but the man worth while
is the one who will smile
when everything goes dead wrong.
For the test of the heart is trouble,
and it always comes with years,
and the smile that is worth
the praises of earth
is the smile that shines through the tears.
----Irish Saying



E-mail your requests and comments!

3 comments:

  1. He is so adorable! I had to go ahead and download him in anticipation of my new machine that I will be purchasing in the near future (hopefully)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for this Freebie. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in Creative Busy Hands Cricut Freebies Search List, under the St. Patrick's Day Theme post on Mar. 18, 2010. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i truthfully love your own posting taste, very remarkable,
    don't quit and keep creating seeing that it simply worth to read it.
    excited to look into much of your own articles, goodbye!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Thanks for visiting!