This is the day that the Lord has made, let us rejoice and be glad in it.



Psalm 118:24 - BGlad!

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

"Tweet" Birds

Had a wonderful time at Hobby Lobby last week taking in all the new decor for Spring! I think I could spend a week wondering the aisles in that store!!
I was good, though, and got out of the place with some cash still in my pocket. LOL

I'd been looking for a bird of some sort to put in a birdcage that I picked up at Goodwill last year and came upon this little guy. I thought he had a bit of an angry look in his eye which I wasn't too crazy about.

With just a pinch of watered-down acrylic paint he looked a bit more friendly to me.


The good new is I love how he turned out - the bad news is I don't like him in the cage (I guess bluebirds are meant to be free!)
So I built him a little nest of fabric scraps and for the time being he has a home just inside our front door.

Birds have been popping up in some of the Valentine files I've been designing also.

Now Available for purchase at Cutters Market.
Hope you enjoy this file.
Could be used to embellish cards, layouts, tags, boxes . . .

I like it on this little 3-D watering can that I've been working on.
(Watch for it soon in my Gallery!)




A bird doesn't sing because it has an answer, it sings because it has a song.

~ Maya Angelou


E-mail your requests and comments!

4 comments:

  1. What a sweet file, Vickie. Thanks so much for creating and sharing it with us.
    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are welcome, Leslie :)
    Thanks for visiting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the cute little birdie heart file...I am going to have to get busy and do some cutting here pretty soon.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Thanks for visiting!