This is the day that the Lord has made, let us rejoice and be glad in it.



Psalm 118:24 - BGlad!

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

One down . . .

Here it is only January 5th and I have a project crossed off my to-do list!

After living in our home here in middle Tennessee for almost a year I'm finally getting a feel for how I would like to decorate some areas. I'm heading in a beachy direction for our bedroom and bath. This is one of our few pieces of "real" furniture, ie not assembled from a box :)


I bought the rolltop as a high school graduation gift for myself, it has followed me up and downstairs, town to town and now, across several states. The finish was worn and it just needed a littl facelift.


Here's the after

More beachy?? I'm thinking the drawer pulls will need replaced, but otherwise I like it.
Next to tackle is our dark wood waterbed (yes, once we buy something we keep it 4-ever! LOL) I think I have hubby talked into adding some beadboard or something similar to the headboard to add some interest. He's slow to come around to my way of thinking, but I can be persistent - or is that stubborn?!

I also think that the perfect wall art for above our bed would be something similar to this
Personalized, of course! Which would definitely require a trip to a warm sunny beach . . . Now there's a nice thought for a cold winter day!

Happy Tuesday!!




E-mail any requests and comments!

6 comments:

  1. I actually have a "real" picture similar to that -- it says 20 years (I think it has a heart around it, I'd have to go find the picture)!

    Lorna

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could probably try to photo shop something . . . but visiting a beach sounds like a LOT more fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for stopping by. I wanted to see what you were working on from your list! LOVE IT -- The desk turned out fabulous.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Thanks for visiting!