This is the day that the Lord has made, let us rejoice and be glad in it.



Psalm 118:24 - BGlad!

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Gift Idea - Family Plaque

We celebrated my in-laws 50th wedding anniversary over the weekend. We helped host an open house in their honor. Even though my MIL wasn't looking forward to it (she hates to be the center of attention) they seemed to enjoy visiting with friends and family members who came to share a slice of cake and a few memories.

In honor of the occasion I designed a family plaque for them. Although it wasn't my intention, we added it to the display table along with family photos and other family memorabilia.

I attached vinyl designs cut with my Robo to a flooring tile I purchased at a local home improvement store.


This was my third family plaque, as I made one for our DD's 1st anniversary.
This one started out as a bare wooden plaque from a craft store that I painted. I cut a "B" and used it as a reverse stencil. Then adhered the vinyl.


I also made one for our family.
This one started as a nice smooth Tennessee rock we found on the edge of our creek!
I scrubbed it clean then adhered the vinyl.

You could also use the same idea but attach the vinyl to the glass of a photo frame or shadow box. A serving tray would make a nice background as well!

E-mail your requests and comments or ideas!

2 comments:

  1. This is such a wonderful idea.
    Good job.
    50 years, what a wonderful legacy.
    Are you telling me your DD has been married for a year already???
    It seems like last month you were running around to get it all pulled together.
    Yeah!
    **U**
    Nance

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Nance,
    You've got it right - I can't believe how fast the past year has flown by!
    Vickie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Thanks for visiting!