This is the day that the Lord has made, let us rejoice and be glad in it.



Psalm 118:24 - BGlad!

Thursday, May 14, 2009

Serendipity-do-da!

As I was sitting at the computer this morning I heard a thud at the back door.


As I peered out the window to see what may have bumped into the house to make the noise I saw two of these


So, of course, I grabbed my camera to snap a couple photos.

A light mist was falling so I tried to get some decent shots through the windows. As I glanced out the window, down by my little herb garden I saw this

So who cares about a little rain, I just had to go on outside to see what else was going on.

The turtle was pretty shy - but I was able to get a shot of him peeking out of his slightly cracked shell.




As I walked around to get a better view I surprised the bird that built a nest on the downspout of the house and she perched on the feeder and gave me a dirty look.


(I think she is a phoebe). She gets awfully upset when we startle her out of the nest, so there just may be a few eggs in there!

So I moved back around to the porch and heard a chatter and a buzz - the hummingbirds were fighting over who should get the next sip of nectar. I snapped this photo of Mr. Hummer,

then hummer #2 zipped on in for a sip. I was surprised that I was actually able to capture them both in the same shot!



What a busy morning!! I'm still not sure what made the noise that initially made me look outside, but I'm glad I didn't miss out on all this wild life! (Is it any wonder I have a hard time getting things done around here LOL!)

1 comment:

  1. Oh I bet you have no doubt in your mind this morning that the move was the way to go.
    You can see God's handy work right outside your window.
    This is just awesome.
    Have an wonderful weekend and thank you for sharing your world.
    **U**
    Nance

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Thanks for visiting!