This is the day that the Lord has made, let us rejoice and be glad in it.



Psalm 118:24 - BGlad!

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

90 & 100

This fall we are celebrating a couple big milestones in our family.
This weekend my grandmother is celebrating her 90th birthday with an open house for family and friends. And in mid-November we will be gathering to celebrate the 100th birthday of DH's grandmother. Both of these lovely ladies are family treasures that are too often taken for granted but much deserving of a grand celebration! We're all looking forward to these days honoring lives well-lived. I'm sure we'll be hearing some stories not often shared, along with those that we've been told a million times!

This file is in honor of all of our Grand Grandmothers!


Available at Cutters Market

For myself, I will need to grab my scrapping gear from all the places I've stashed it during my get-ready-to-sell-the-house cleanup, and get a few album pages finished for a scrapbook we are putting together for that 100th birthday party - wish me luck with that little game of hide and seek!

And about that album . . . My idea is to use a lot of "family" quotes along with photos of our little branch of Grandma's family tree.

Here's your chance to participate
- What are some of your favorite quotes regarding family/grandparents? Love to hear them! You can either
e-mail me or leave a comment. I'll post all that I receive so that we can all have a stash of great family quotes to use for various special occasions!

Here's one of my favorites to get you started
*Family faces are magic mirrors. Looking at people who belong to us, we see the past, present and future. (Gail Lumet Buckly)

Can't wait to hear from you!

5 comments:

  1. Grandparents are just parents that are GRAND.

    I don't know if I made that up or if I heard it from somewhere.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Grandmother was blind but had soooo much to offer many generations later—including wonderful music she wrote. She died 54 years ago but left so much for her family to enjoy generations later. I remember the wonderful comment from her when I was 16. When she was young – before television and radio (and before her blindness) she used to read a lot and go to lectures. She pointed her crooked finger at my nose and said. “Patty! Keep an open mind, but be careful what you shovel into it!” That comment, along with her music, had been enjoyed by 3 generations since her death.

    http://icantseebuticanimagine.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two of my favorites:

    Nobody can do for little children what grandparents do. Grandparents sort of sprinkle stardust over the lives of little children. - Alex Haley

    and

    Since the beginning of time, grandmothers have been the negotiators and peacemakers in their families. Grandmas are voices of the past and role models of the present. Grandmothers open the doors to the future. - Author Unknown

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoy the celebrations. My husband's grandmother just turned 101. She is one amazing lady and I love to listen to her stories.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Thanks for visiting!