This is the day that the Lord has made, let us rejoice and be glad in it.



Psalm 118:24 - BGlad!

Tuesday, February 19, 2008

A Little Bird . . .

We love watching the birds in our backyard.

For several years we've had a feeder attached to our family room window.
It gives us a great chance to see these feathered creatures up close and personal. And if we are just a bit stealthy we can snap some great photos too. It is interesting to see how some birds (especially blue jays) will climb in the feeder, sling the seeds around and chase off any other birds. While others will zoom in quickly, grab a single seed and fly to a perch in the tree where they crack open and munch their tiny morsel, then quickly return for another.
The Goldfinches are fun because they are so bright and easy to spot. The young and females are a duller color so we can watch how their families interact and grow.

I’m beginning to hear more bird chirps outside my window again – hopefully spring (and the birds) are getting ready to make a comeback.

Here's one of the little guys from my “chubby bird” file collection that I'm presently working on.
Available at Cutters Market.

Bird Quotes:
*The bird of paradise alights only upon the hand that does not grasp. ~ John Berry
*The woods would be a very silent place if no birds sang except those that sang best. ~ Henry Van Dyke

7 comments:

  1. vicki what camera do you use. I love how close up and clear your pics always come out. I would love seeing those colorful birds in my yard. We live in the Allghenies and do see cardinals and blue jays. Take care and thanks always for sharing Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Suzanne!
    I love my camera!! I've had it several years - it's a Kodak EasyShare DX7590. 5 megapixel with 10x zoom. It is too big to fit in a pocket - but the pictures it takes are worth the effort to sling it over my shoulder!
    Thanks for stopping by!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL..
    O.K. Are you asking "If we were a bird at a buffet, which bird would we be?" LOLOLOL
    Ok I would be the food slinger and the chubby one. LOL
    Thanks for the cuties today.
    I love birds too.
    The last place we lived, we had a pool and a built in Jacuzzi.
    Early in the morning, the birds would gather on the steps of the pool to bathe and play and splash.
    **U**
    Nance

    ReplyDelete
  4. well that is the step up from mine. I have the kodak easy share 4.0 and I love it too.Did you see olympus I believe brought out an 18 zoom. I am hoping kodak will bring out a bigger one too> I hope to go to yellowstone this year and want more zoom. Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the bird - he gave my heart a smile on a not-so-good day.
    Blessings!
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Nance,
    I was NOT making any comparisons! When I was a kid relatives said I ate like a bird - now I wonder what exactly did they mean?? LOL


    Wow Suzanne
    18x zoom, that would be awesome! especially for vacation photos.


    Hi Deb,
    Glad you visited today! Prayers for a better tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Vicki can I come to visit. :-( all we keep seeing is SNOW. crying here. I am so tired of winter right now. We are to get another storm freezing rain sleet snow on the weekend. YUCK

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Thanks for visiting!