This is the day that the Lord has made, let us rejoice and be glad in it.



Psalm 118:24 - BGlad!

Friday, January 25, 2008

Whoopie Pies


If you’ve never tried a Whoopie Pie, you don’t know what you’re missing!! It is a “sandwich” made from two soft chocolaty cookies filled with the yummiest white, sweet fluff! So good! The recipe makes a big batch of treats – enough to put some in the freezer to save for later. (The fluff also makes a good filling for layer cakes!)


Available at Cutters Market.

Quotes:
*A day without chocolate is like a day without sunshine. ~ Lora Brody
*Exercise is a dirty word. Every time I hear it, I wash my mouth out with chocolate
*All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt. ~ Charles M. Schulz


Can't read the recipe? Click here.

4 comments:

  1. Oh what a fun and funny file.
    I just love this so much!!!
    I will have to try these to bake with my grand daughters.
    They are only two and 10 months old, so that will give me enough time to take off all the weight I will put on after eating these.
    Thank you so much,
    Hugs.
    **U**
    Nance
    P.S. See your E-mail box

    ReplyDelete
  2. any chance you would post the recipe??
    thanks!
    kris

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this recipe originated in the Amish communities. It is well known in our area and there are usually several variations in any Amish cookbook you see around here. The first time we had this treat we laughed at the name too.

    Kris, The recipe is at this link http://scrapiphotos.blogspot.com/2008/01/whoopie-pies-recipe.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just LOVE whoopie pies. I love the LO you did with it. Thanks for the file.
    Robin

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Thanks for visiting!