This is the day that the Lord has made, let us rejoice and be glad in it.



Psalm 118:24 - BGlad!

Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Queen of Pies

Did you know that today is National Pie Day in the USA?
Here’s a link to the American Pie Council to find out more (check out the Random Acts of Pieness - LOL).


I’ve crowned my MIL the “Queen of Pies”.


She is a terrific cook and loves to bake. She spends many Saturdays making pies for Sunday dinner. Many times for a normal Sunday dinner for 14 people (including 6 kids) she will prepare 3 different varieties of pies. (This is in addition to 3 kinds of cookies or brownies to choose from for dessert!) I never have understood how her kids stayed so thin!!
So just in case you have family or friend that is shines supreme in the pie making category here’s a file to help you commemorate them.




Available at Cutters Market.

Quotes:
*The torch of love is lit in the kitchen.
*Cooking is like love . . . It should be entered into with abandon or not at all. ~ Harriet Van Horne
*Taste the Love!



Can't read the recipe? Click here.

2 comments:

  1. Vickie, I love this one. Would it be okay if I copied your MIL's recipe and tried it myself, I have the worst luck making pie crusts. If the answer is yes could you please tell me the amount of salt. Thanks so much.
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course you may Robin. The recipe calls for 2 teaspoons of salt. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Thanks for visiting!