This is the day that the Lord has made, let us rejoice and be glad in it.



Psalm 118:24 - BGlad!

Thursday, January 31, 2008

Here Comes The Bride!

Talked to DD last night. She is very excited to see her dress. She is planning to drive home from school Friday evening for the weekend. This weekend, however, forecasters are calling for up to 8” of snow and other nasty weather. When we advised her of this her comment was “Nothing is keeping me from coming home this weekend!” So that is the inspiration for today’s share – a determined bride-to-be, not the traditional wedding march song! I can just see that focused, determined look in her eye as she heads out on her mission to see “the dress”. LOL Hopefully, if the weather does turn nasty her fiancĂ© will be able to help her refocus. The dress will still be here when the weather clears!

Available at Cutters Market.

I spent some time yesterday afternoon examining this dress – I will have 7 layers to shorten when doing the hem. Luckily only 2 will require actual sewing; the others are tulle/netting and can just be cut to length. Even so it is a looong way around the bottom of the dress! (x seven!) I’ll have to work up my nerve before making that first, no-going-back cut! But then again, I have many layers to “practice” on! LOL

Wedding Quotes:
*With This Ring
*Joined as One
*I Do!

3 comments:

  1. Oh love the file today!
    I bet you are just beaming with joy over this wedding!
    Know that we will keep your child and her pig headedness in our prayers.
    LOL
    Really, safe traveling thoughts for her.
    Hugs darlin'
    **U**

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous file today - thanks so much!
    Maybe you won't get hit as hard as the weatherman is predicting...
    Blessings!
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Nance,
    I think she's picked a pretty good guy. Come to find out both his mom and I have been praying for out child's spouse since the kids were young, so God's got his hand on them! pig-headed - glad you said it 'cause I'd get in trouble!!

    Thanks Deb,
    So far we have 6" and could get that much more by evening. Hopefully the kiddos will at least wait until tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Thanks for visiting!