This is the day that the Lord has made, let us rejoice and be glad in it.



Psalm 118:24 - BGlad!

Thursday, December 27, 2007

A product to try with your cutter . . .

We had a great Christmas – with still more fun to come as we are getting together with the other side of the family this Sunday. Yesterday I took DD#2 and my niece out shopping, they had gift cards they needed to turn into the latest styles. They did a good job and even came home with a little money!

A product to try . . .
While doing some shopping at a home improvement store I came across this product and wondered how it would cut on my Robo. I am happy to report that it cuts great! It is a self adhesive metallic look shelf liner by Duck Products.
The type I picked up has the look of stainless steel.
I have cut several projects with it so far, all with great results. I cut the scissors and mirror accents for my niece’s sewing box, some snowflakes to decorate a bag holding a Christmas gift and these tree ornaments I made for my daughters.

To make the ornaments I cut two monograms of the metallic liner (one in reverse) plus one of cardstock to make the ornaments more stable. The most difficult part was lining everything up properly after cutting (I used my stylus to guide the edges together – they aren’t perfect but they work). I then added a few rhinestones and ribbon bows. For cutting the shelf liner on my Robo I started with the vinyl setting (blue blade cap) then increased the force a bit. I didn’t use the cutting mat. The shelf liner comes in a 7’ long roll and was only about $5.00 so I have a lot more "metal" to play around with!

Have you found a fun new product to use with your machine? Please share!


It is never too late to give a gift – I found these suggestions for Christmas gifts – but I think these are appropriate any time of year . . .

Christmas gift suggestions:
To your enemy, forgiveness.
To an opponent, tolerance.
To a friend, your heart.
To a customer, service.
To all, charity.
To every child, a good example.
To yourself, respect.
~ Oren Arnold

Wow! Is this week ever speeding by - Happy Thursday!!

6 comments:

  1. I have found some 12 x 12 squares of fabric that have been stabilized with something similar to the stabilizer you use when sewing collars, etc. I found it on a clearance shelf with no info other than the price. For all I know it's been available for ages. I'm looking forward to giving it a try. And if it works, why can't I just stabilize any thin fabric and use it in my wishblade.... hmmm the wheels are turning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun Joyce! I've heard you can cut fabric, but haven't tried it. (I surely have plenty of scraps to try it on LOL). Let us know how it works!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vicki what is your stylus I love your ornaments Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved this idea - I saw it at Target the day after I read this so I bought a roll. Haven't cut any yet but I have it! Thank you for the inspiration!
    Happy Holidays ;-)
    ~Mary

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Suzanne! The font I used for the ornaments is
    BickhamScriptFancy2

    Have fun Mary! Love to hear how you use it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Thanks for visiting!