This is the day that the Lord has made, let us rejoice and be glad in it.



Psalm 118:24 - BGlad!

Thursday, November 8, 2007

Monkey Bread

Here’s one of our favorite holiday bread recipes. Although I’ve seen recipes for a sweet version, our Monkey Bread is more like a dinner roll. My mom makes it in a bundt pan, so it comes out looking very pretty. I usually shape it into dinner rolls, pre-bake, then freeze so it doesn’t take long to brown them in the oven on turkey day. I’ve played around with this recipe a lot (much to DD’s dismay!) I found the dough works up wonderfully in my bread machine. My favorite experiment was adding fresh rosemary to the dough last year – yummy! I've also added whole grain flour, pumpkin, squash, garlic . . .



File available at Cutters Market.

Food for thought:
*If a messy kitchen is a happy kitchen, this kitchen is delirious.
*Open the oven, take a look; first to complain is next week's cook!
*Why do croutons come in airtight packages? It's just stale bread to begin with.



Can't read the recipe? Click here.

7 comments:

  1. I cannot tell you how much I have enjoyed your recipe titles. The effort you have put into those pages really show!!! One of these days my goal is to try and do something similar. Cooking would be so much more fun with a recipe page like that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jennifer,
    They are a gift of love for DD-1.
    Maybe I should have made one of these long ago - and my girls would have helped more in the kitchen!! (Doubtful - LOL)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your receipe paper, but today your "food for thought" is just a riot, especially the last two! Thanks for your hard work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're welcome TonyaKaye!

    Wish I would have found that "first to complain" quote a few years ago! It got to a point that when my girls would ask "what's to eat" I'd say - don't even ask - you won't like it!
    LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I gotta agree on the quotes.
    Too Funny.
    The file is so cute.
    I went in and got the angel card and envelope.
    Thanks so much for letting me know about the increased size.
    Hugs Vickie!
    **U**
    Nance

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Thanks for visiting!