This is the day that the Lord has made, let us rejoice and be glad in it.



Psalm 118:24 - BGlad!

Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Do you want sauce with that??

Our dinner was delayed a bit the other night. Hubby & I had just sat down to eat and had started filling our plates. He decided he wanted some sauce for his meat, went to the fridge and grabbed barbeque sauce. On his way back to the table he started to shake the bottle when the lid went flying – along with half the bottle of sauce! I can not believe how far that sauce splattered!! Of course, he stopped shaking the bottle as soon as he realized what had happened, but the damage was done!

There was sauce on the wall, the pantry door, the curtains, the chair pads, the microwave, the countertop, but mostly the carpet. He had definitely been shaking that bottle with gusto! Oooh noooo!

We grabbed a couple kitchen towels and started cleaning up the gloppy mess. Surprisingly, it cleaned up fairly easily. I sprayed carpet shampoo on the residue on the carpet before we sat back down to eat our (now rather cold) meal. After eating I grabbed the carpet cleaner and ran it over the remaining spots. (What are the odds – I had just cleaned the carpet the week before. LOL)

So, after our little unexpected pre-dinner workout, the rest of the evening was rather uneventful, although there was a lingering smoky/spicy aroma in the air. As I was cleaning up the last of the sauce I thought – I should have gotten a picture of that!! Somehow I think we’ll remember this, even without photos!

Available at Cutters Market.

Quote to note:
*In examining the potential of individuals, we must focus on their strengths and not just their mistakes. We cannot be limited by what they may have spilled in the kitchen. ~ William Pollard


Until next spill - er - time . . .

4 comments:

  1. I've got to comment here. I'm loving all these food related files! I think I'll start on a recipe book for my daughters. You really have me inspired! THANKS!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
    O.K. I have to comment too, but on the story. LOL
    I can just see it now.
    Love the story and I bet you haven't seen the last of the sauce, some where, some day, there will be a reminder for you all.
    Thanks for the file Vickie.
    Are you almost done with food files?
    I have gained 10 pounds. LOL
    **U**

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cool, Scrappinmama! Go for it, you'll have fun and your girls will love it!

    Nance - I've thought the same thing - where is that sauce still lurking?? LOL

    Sorry about that 10 pounds - but it's working for me, I'm making food FILES instead of the real thing (paper may look nice, but it's not too tasty :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Thanks for visiting!