This is the day that the Lord has made, let us rejoice and be glad in it.



Psalm 118:24 - BGlad!

Friday, October 12, 2007

Turkey Challenge

This weekend’s share is a layered turkey paper piecing. I’ve designed it so there are several layers, but a minimum of tiny pieces. I’d love to see how creative all you great blog readers can be with this design.



Your challenge, should you choose to accept it, is to make the most creative/unusual turkey and send me a photo. The winner will receive the file of their choice from my gallery (or request a customer design!) Deadline for submitting your turkey is Sunday, November 11, 2007. Winner will be announced shortly thereafter.



Purchase this file here or at Cutters Market.

Cut a whole flock and let the entire family get involved in the challenge - when you are finished you will have some great Thanksgiving decorations or scrapbook and card embellishments. Don’t forget to take photos of the process for a fun layout for your family scrapbook!

Quotes to create by:

*It is better to fail in originality than to succeed in imitation. ~ Herman Melville
*The family that glues together sticks together.
*Happiness lies in the joy of achievement and thrill of creative effort. ~ Franklin Roosevelt


Happy Weekend!!




Send your requests, comments and turkeys!

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for the cute turkey. I especially love the "numbers". I think I can acutally put him together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome Tonya.
    I thought the numbers might be helpful for this one.
    Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here's what I'm thinking.
    Have a bunch of them cut out in different colors and have glue sticks laying around.
    When everyone gathers for Thanksgiving dinner, while the bird is cooking, let the kids make a turkey.
    It will be late for the contest, but what an awesome way to keep the kiddos entertained.
    They are so cute and I know the kids would love to be able to "make and take" a gift.
    Thanks Vickie.
    Gobble Gobble.
    **U**
    Nance

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm going to make a flock for Thanksgiving dinner - one for each member of the family. As of this writing, there will be 19 there - from 93 years to four months! I plan to add everyone's name on one of the wings...
    I don't think small, do I?
    Thanks for the file!
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nance, I like that idea! Have a fun time of it! (If you are brave get out the glitter!! LOL)

    Debbi, I was thinking along the same lines. I usually place something at each place setting and I was thinking of personalizing by "dressing" them. We have a farmer, a quilter, an EMT, a carpenter, a volleyball player, an accountant, etc. I'll only have 11 this year though. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Thanks for visiting!