This is the day that the Lord has made, let us rejoice and be glad in it.



Psalm 118:24 - BGlad!

Friday, October 19, 2007

Stormy Weather

Sitting here feeling a little helpless today.
Northern Indiana (along with many other parts of the country) was hit by severe weather last night. My SIL’s home was damaged when one of their trees was blown onto the house due to a tornado. They are safe, but are trying to assess their damages. We have offered to help with cleanup, but right now are not sure we can even get into the area. Their damage sounds minor compared to the devastation that has occurred to other homes and businesses in their small town community. Thankfully, injuries from the storm were few and minor.
Haven’t talked to them since last night, so don’t know what the damage looks like in the daylight hours. All the little things we take for granted (electricity, clean water, roof over our heads) are now #1 priority, and may not be available for several days or more.
Stay Safe.

6 comments:

  1. We'll keep your family in our prayers here. I went thru this several yrs ago. It's really a tough time. We were without electricity for 7 days. Our town was a mess.I did discover one thing though. Neighbors really pull together in time of need.
    I'm not really sure you would be able to help. I know our town was closed to anyone that couldn't provide some type of proof that they lived in that area.
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can relate, we had the same storms here last night in western ky and even had a tornado in the next small town over that destroyed a convience mart, but no injuries thank the Lord for that. We went through a tornado in 2005 that was about 1/2 mile from our house and completly destoyed my mil and fil house. My kids are still terrified of the storms to this day. So its been a rough couple days for us just watching the storms. Will be praying for you guys!
    Blessings
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. We'll be thinking of you, Vickie. I can definitely relate to your situation. Hurricane Katrina left us without electricity for three weeks in the heat of August. Yuck! Glad to hear no one is seriously injured.
    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was hoping you would post! Was wondering how things were. I was remembering (either correctly or incorrectly) that your DH's family is from that area (or was, at least twenty-some years ago!). My mom hasn't been online all day, so I was wondering if there were power outages -- or maybe she's just busy today! :) The Evansville tornado of a few years back struck like a block away from my ILs. I get chills just remembering that day...

    Lorna

    ReplyDelete
  5. Vickie,
    I have been praying for you all, and everyone with this weather all day.
    I have a brother in Oklahoma and a sister in Michigan so they too have been in for some rough stuff.
    Blessings and more prayers coming for you all.
    Nance

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you made it Vicki. Here in MI, the town 4 mi. from us was hit hard with a tornado. I have two friends living opposite ends of the same 1/4 mile street. One had roof and siding off, huge trees down, road blocked off... and the other nothing was wrong. Amazing the way the storms drop down. Hope you can get with SIL soon.
    Liz

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Thanks for visiting!