This is the day that the Lord has made, let us rejoice and be glad in it.



Psalm 118:24 - BGlad!

Saturday, October 20, 2007

Stormy Weather 2

Thanks for all the notes and prayers for our family. We did make it over to help with cleanup at SIL’s home. They feel very fortunate. Evidently they were on the edge of the storm and their home (and family) is intact, although they lost probably 10-12 large trees which filled their yard with debris and damaged their roof.

Their yard was full of workers and the cleanup on their place was progressing smoothly. They had neighbors (only four doors down) who no longer had walls or a roof. In their small town there were 200-250 homes and businesses damaged, half of those look to be a total loss. The devastation was almost too much to take in (and we only saw a small portion of it). Miraculously there were only 5 injuries, and they were minor. I feel for all of you who have gone through this type of disaster.

Makes me come home and take a look at all the “things” I have that I have grown so attached to. They could be gone in an instant – and would it REALLY matter?? Maybe it is a good time for me to do some housecleaning!


Available soon at Cutters Market.

Safety & Blessing to you this weekend!


4 comments:

  1. I am from the KC, MO area and understand the "weather" all too well. Will be thinking of you and your family. Thanks for taking the time for your "freebie". I love the fonts used-- they so action.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with Tonya,
    The last thing I expected was a file.
    I came in to check on you and your family.
    Blessings indeed.
    Prayers will continue for you all.
    Nance
    **U**

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, sure didn't expect to see a file. I checked in to see how things were going. I live in tornado alley and fortunately have never been affected, but have family members that lost everything one year.
    Take care,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for taking the time to provide a file. You and yours are in my thoughts and prayers.
    Deb

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Thanks for visiting!