This is the day that the Lord has made, let us rejoice and be glad in it.



Psalm 118:24 - BGlad!

Friday, October 26, 2007

Oh Deer!

Not a good day for our car.
As DH was traveling to work this morning a deer decided to cross the highway and ran right into the side of the car. Thankfully hubby is fine, just had to shake the glass out of his lap from the shattered driver’s side window. The deer must have been okay, since he was nowhere to be found. The car, however, needs a bit of work. The driver’s side door was dented in, the window broken, the rearview mirror is gone and there are several other dents along that side of the car. The police officer said it was the second car/deer accident he’d worked in the last 30 minutes. Insurance will take care of the repair bill – so other than the inconvenience of being without that vehicle we can’t complain. Could have been much worse, so we’re counting our blessings.

Today’s share is pretty specific for my situation – but I thought you may be able to use the deer for a Christmas layout (he'd look cute perched on a package, or title).



Have a safe weekend!!

Thoughts to Ponder:
*Doesn't "expecting the unexpected" make the unexpected expected?
*Anything can happen to me tomorrow, but at least nothing more can happen to me yesterday.

7 comments:

  1. Ok, i dont know if its good or bad that i can relate to so many of your files...haha I hit a deer, its been a long time ago, (at least 15 years) we just bought a car, and it took out the whole front end, over four thousand dollars in damage. They are always hard to see on the side of the road i think. Glad everyone was ok.
    Blessings
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry Lisa,
    I was hoping no one else has had this experience! We've had many other "close calls" but usually out on the country roads. In the area where this occured the town is being overrun by deer - so much so that they are allowing a special hunt (within the town limits!) to reduce them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vickie,
    I've never hit a deer but had plenty of close calls (part of living in Indiana). I love the file and thank you for all the files you've shared and I haven't made the time to slow down and say how much I love them. Life has been crazy my way, but that's no excuse. Thank you again! Shae

    ReplyDelete
  4. As soon as I read the title and before I read your blog I knew what had happened lol Glad your hubby is Ok sorry about your car
    Thanks for the cute file and all the others you share
    Cara

    ReplyDelete
  5. First off, I am so glad your hubby wasn't hurt and apparently neither was the deer.
    I hope it wasn't the same deer as in the first accident, that would be one tough deer. LOL
    I have to say, the face on this dear is hysterical. It looks so innocent. LOL
    Thank you Vickie and have a wonderful weekend.
    **U**
    Nance

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, you already said "oh deer" so I'll just say oh MY! Glad he's okay!

    Lorna

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad to hear that your DH is okay. I can totally relate to your story......I've had 3 run in's with deer. One jumped off the side of the road right onto the top of my car - scared the bejeebers outta me!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Thanks for visiting!