This is the day that the Lord has made, let us rejoice and be glad in it.



Psalm 118:24 - BGlad!

Friday, September 7, 2007

Grandparents

In the USA Grandparents’ Day is celebrated on the first Sunday after Labor Day – that’s this Sunday, September 9.

A couple things I remember about visiting my grandparents –
Many times when we visited Grandma would make popcorn as a snack. I remember the little yellow melmac bowls she served us in and the way she drizzled melted butter over the top of each bowl – I always saved the most buttery bites for last! Those little yellow bowls were also used to serve vanilla ice cream with a splash of chocolate syrup on top! YUM!


Grandpa kept a treat in his shirt pocket – every once in a while he’d give us a ½ stick of gum! (Thrifty farm folks, my grandparents, LOL)


When we visited my other Grandmother we got to play with her Tupperware mosaic tiles. I don’t remember what they were called, but you put tiny plastic pieces side by side to create pictures and designs. They would not be a child-safe toy by today's standards – those pieces were TINY!! LOL

Hope you enjoy the file.




File available at Cutters Market.



Grand Quotes:
*You Put the Grand in Grandparents
*When a child is born, so are Grandparents.
*Few things are more delightful than grandchildren fighting over your lap. ~ Doug Larson

3 comments:

  1. Oh I loved my Granny and papaw.
    It was always such a good time.
    We lived in Michigan and would drive forever it seemed to get to Tennessee to spend the whole summer with them and all my cousins and with my mom.
    Then Daddy came back to pick us all up.
    Thank you for this file today.
    Best part? Now I am a gramma!
    Yeah me, old me, but me.
    **U**
    Nance

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, one more thing.
    I tried something different today after I got "kicked" twice today, I opened a second Netscape window to "sign in" then went back to your Blog, refreshed and I was signed in.
    Yeah, we will see if that works from now on.
    **U**

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad I was able bring back some pleasant memories for you Nance. Funny how I thought my grandparents were "old" (ie ancient) when I was a kid. I read that the average age of a first time grandparent is 47 - sure doesn't sound old to me now!!! LOL

    Hope your little "trick" with the second window will continue to work!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Thanks for visiting!