This is the day that the Lord has made, let us rejoice and be glad in it.



Psalm 118:24 - BGlad!

Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Farm Life

I visited the farm yesterday. Noticed the fields are really drying down. Dad was in the shop working on the combine prepping for the harvest season. Garden produce is winding down; Mom’s picking the last of the tomatoes, canning juice to make chili this winter. Even the trees are starting to blush with the colors of autumn.

Looking through the photo albums it is amazing to see the change in farm equipment. Dad started farming with a simple tractor, an umbrella for shade and implements borrowed from his brother or my Grandpa. Now there are giant tractors with air conditioned cabs and the latest stereo and GPS equipment. (Of course, Grandpa started his farm career using horses!! Talk about progress!)
Harvesting equipment has evolved from a simple 2 row corn picker used with the tractor to monster-sized 12 row combines.
Amazing!!
But even with all the improvements and advances I know Dad still has a soft spot for his little IH Farmall “B”; 'cause it is the shiniest tractor in the barn. :)


Hope you enjoy the tractor border – I think all little boys like tractors and machines that make noise!! I cut it in red because in my Dad’s eyes any other color really isn’t a tractor! LOL

File available at Cutters Market.

Quotes:
*A day on the farm
*Keep Growing!
*Always do your best. What you plant now, you will harvest later. ~ Og Mandino

E-mail your requests and comments!

8 comments:

  1. Another great one Vickie.
    I was raised a farm girl and still one at heart. Can't wait to use this one.
    Thanks,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't take the country out of the girl, right Cindy! We live in a semi-rural subdivision, less than 10 miles from the farm and have visited frequently - but my girls have no idea what the country life is really like. I think you have to live it to understand it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I just love the quote for your dad.
    I agree.
    Thanks for this, too cute!
    **U**
    Nance

    ReplyDelete
  4. We had a green tractor once - but not for long! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Vickie, I love this one. We are out in the country of Shenandoah Valley, VA on 5 acres but no tractor yet, just a horse. But someday the tractor will come. I love the peace and quiet you find here. I'm sure I will find a page for this file. Thanks.
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Robin!
    A short walk in the country-side can be more relaxing than a week's vacation! Enjoy your 5 acres of paradise! Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the tractor border! I also want to add, the new look on the web page is fantastic. You have some great Halloween files. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi scrappinmama - Thanks for noticing :)
    Glad you could stop by!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Thanks for visiting!