This is the day that the Lord has made, let us rejoice and be glad in it.



Psalm 118:24 - BGlad!

Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Rock Collector

This blog seemed to be getting a little “girly” lately, so I thought I’d throw this file into the mix.
This file is available for purchase at Cutters Market.

Seems like almost every kid goes through a rock collecting stage. Hands full of rocks, pockets full of rocks, BUCKETS full of rocks. For a few years we had some plastic jars filled with special rocks outside almost every door of our house.

We have such special rocks at our place that when my nephew (6) comes to visit he chooses one to commemorate the visit! – He has a stash in the van as well as at home. LOL

My niece used to have her collection under her bed – she may still, at 15 she is planning to become an archeologist!

One summer my girls and I picked out some nice smooth rocks that had been lying in the sun and decorated them with crayons – the warm rocks slightly melt the waxy crayons and create neat pictures – for several years we had a “smiley” rock to greet us each time we walked out our front door. Try it!

Ponder . . .

...son (sun) n. [ME ] 1. a collector of treasures and heroes 2. a source of found objects in laundry (e.g., rocks, twigs, etc.) 3. his father's pride and his mother's heart. SYN.-an adventure

Got Rocks??

6 comments:

  1. Nice! Being the mom of 2 boys, I can appreciate files geared towards boys. Thanks so much :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tammy
    I thought someone might appreciate boy stuff. It can seem like a whole different world between girls & boys!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vickie,
    Just a couple of weeks ago we took our children to visit their uncle and he shared his rock collection. He apparently is pretty devoted to it. This will make a nice photo frame for him for Christmas. Thanks! Shae

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Shae!
    How cool, does he have it labeled and organized? Must admit to being fascinated by rocks myself. I have a couple "special" ones tucked away in a drawer. LOL
    Glad you can use the file!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Vickie,
    He has some of them labeled and organized and he has some wrapped in cloth and some loose. But he has more than anyone I've seen. And he knows what every single one of them is! wow. Shae

    ReplyDelete
  6. Vickie -

    I love this file!!! On my first date with my now husband - we talked about different things we like to do - and I said I collected rocks- he liked to collect rocks too!! HE still says to this day that that was one of the reasons he asked me out again!!!! LOL

    I have a HUGE jar of rocks that we have collected sitting in my scrapbooking room as I typed this!!

    Thanks for sharing!!
    Lori
    (Beloved Keepsakes)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Thanks for visiting!